Lilly's Life: Madonna found Jesus  

Posted by onlines in ,

And I found out that my mind opens and closes with the same degree of difficulty that an old rusty piano accordion might. Do you ever get shocked about what comes out of your mouth and how narrow minded you seem? Even to yourself? I said something about Madonna today which made me want to slap myself. My mind's arteries are narrowing. I have bypassed sounding like my mother and now sound dangerously like my grandmother. If you hear me sprouting yellow peril sentiments soon, such as you'll need to hide under your bed because China is going to attack us soon, you'll know that my mind is closed for good (you think I'm joking about her saying that don't you). I just saw a picture of 50 year old Madonna with her 22 year old boyfriend Jesus (the whole name combo is a little too contrived for my liking but whatever...).

I looked at their picture and the first words out of my mouth were "She looks like his mother. It's just plain embarrassing. Someone has to tell her she looks ridiculous. She is way too old for him." I know, I should have been saying, 'way to go Madonna', but I just cannot bring myself to do so. Five minutes earlier I was cooing over the wedding pictures of 29 year old millionaire Australian model Kristy Hinze who has just married 65 year old Netscape founder and billionaire Jim Moneybags (oh, I forget his name but surnames aren't necessary when you are that rich). Why is this any more acceptable to me. Hardly fair is it?
OK so they are just people I do not even know. I guess the real litmus test is this - how would you react if your son bought home a girlfriend 30 years older than him or your daughter bought home a boyfriend 35 years older than her? I would call the police ....I am joking....sort of. Let's just say it would take me a long time to get used to the idea even though I know its not my decision to make.
What do you think, is age really just a number? Does it really matter? PS. I may need to have a more open mind about these things. I am guessing that it's more than likely that one day soon you will be oohing and ahhing over pictures of me with a 20 year old toy boy (I will be the one pushing him in his stroller. In another few years he will be the one pushing me in mine, haaaaaa-aaaardly).
Before I go, I have a story to tell you about a 'mistake' I made recently with an older man/younger woman. I ran into an old boss of mine. He was happily bouncing along (that should have given me a clue) hand in hand with 'what I thought' was a teenage school girl. He stopped to chat and I looked at the girl and asked her how school was going. I thought she was his daughter. He introduced me to his wife. I walked away with a rosy glow on my cheeks that no doubt equalled his. Oops!

src:Lilly's Life

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

News of the World